Thursday, November 29, 2007


Drywall Repair


Time to paint the master bedroom. I started by moving all the furniture out which was a difficult task for our new dresser and bed. Not insurmountable, just a pain. I had to remove the mirror from the dresser, which I did. I put the mirror in the loft and then dragged the dresser out there as well. Then came the bed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I didn't want to take it apart if I could help it so I attempted to flip it on the side, thinking that I could get it out the bedroom door that way. Problem is, the ceiling wasn't high enough - a fact that was brought to my attention about the time that the bed frame hit it. Here's the resulting damage:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Its about the size of a quarter. I was mad and depressed for about an hour about it. The I went to Lowes and found something called a orange peel texture patch. It matches the texture of the ceiling fairly cosely and, best of all, I don't have to cut up the wall and force compound into the hole. Just slap on the patch and paint over it. Here's hoping that it looks good.

No comments: