Thursday, January 26, 2006

It was announced tonight that the guy who sits behind me at work got another job and is moving on. He's only been here a few months. I am jealous.

I'm taking a class at the local community college; "How to Buy, Lease, & Manage Rental Houses for Profit." I've been interested in real estate for about a year now but haven't really done anything about it. I guess I'm an unmotivated cad or perhaps just scared. That's a lot of (my)money to play around with. So I'm taking this class finally and it is informative. So far the teacher(a local real estate pro who has many properties of his own) has talked about the history of the re market in the dwf, including recessions and bubbles, depreciation tax advantages, some scams that are currently going on in the area(as well as a past one), and he talked a while about the recession of 1987, why it happened, and how it just killed the real estate market nationwide for several years. That may all sound dry to some but I found it quite interesting. There are 3 more sessions to go(for a total of 4 sessions). $89 for the whole class. Not bad, eh?

The wife and I are pondering over where to go on vacation this summer. Of course we could LUUUUUUUUV to go back to Hawai'i again(we went last summer) but we don't have the requisite ff miles(which is what we used last year) and neither of us wants to drop the considerable coin that the trip would cost. My idea was to go to the east coast and take in the colonial/Revolutionary war sights. Philadelphia, Boston, etc. And that sounded fine until I found out that Philadelphia was 1500 miles away. Yikes. That's quite a drive. I don't mind flying but we're not that into spending a lot of money on the heels of our Hawai'i trip. We're thinking about going to Big Sur or another of the many parks in Texas and just camping for a week. Maybe rent a jetski. Another idea was to go to Florida and check out the beaches & sights. Something to think about.

Does anyone read this? I've been on the air for several months and still not a single comment.

No comments: