Monday, January 16, 2006

Dennis Miller, The Rants(1996)

I really enjoy Dennis Miller. The way that he thinks everything out and then strings his ideas together while all the time making the whole situation seem absurd, just breaks me up. He is a very intelligent comic(although that seems an inadequate term for him) who has a unique spin on the country and a unique way of explaining it. I got this audio book last week and have already listened to it 2 1/2 times. I prefer this book in audio format because its even funnier when Dennis deliver the lines.

Warning: Miller has a bit of a potty mouth. He uses the 'f' word about two hundred times in the course of the thing(gross estimate). I still think that its funny and introspective but maybe its not for everybody because of this.

Excerpt:

"The media just claim that they are doing their job, feeding the news apetite of the American people. And I guess that its not really their fault that we happen to be bulemic in that area. The key thing we must all remember about the OJ trial is that it is trial by flurry. Lawyers on both sides bicker incessantly over matters that have precious little to do with discovering the truth. This thing is going slower than Jimmy Stewart reciting the mahabborada on the back of an arthritic tortise that is munching a quaalude on a humid Sunday afternoon in a hammick hung between two trees in the intensified gravity of the planet Jupiter. And despite the fact that our belief in the American legal system has been stretch thinner than Robert Shapiro's conscience, we are simply going to have to wait for the cheap gears of justice to grind a decision out of this fake wood peppermill. But I for one am through will this trial and I have been for a long time. He's guilty. You know it, I know it, we all know it. So wait for sweeps week, schedule the jury's decision after Seinfeld, announce that he's guilty and throw away the f***** key. You're a PUNK OJ, you're a bad guy. You go to hell.

Of course that just my opinion. I could be wrong."

No comments: