Friday, February 16, 2007

Buffalo, Here I Come!!

So, I'm all set for Buffalo. Got my plane ticket, rental car reserved, hotel room reserved. I'm excited for the trip. My actual audition is in Feb. 25th with the finals on the 27th. I'm flying in on the afternoon of the 24th and flying out the evening of the 27th. I could have just anticipated not making the finals and scheduled my flight back for the 26th but I figured I needed to be hopeful about things.

Even though its a 2nd trombone position and pays about $40k a year, I figure there should be around 100 trombonists there. The preliminaries take 2 days and they'll probably pick between 3 and 5 players for the finals(if they like that many). It'll be a good experience, at the very least.

I've been practicing quite a bit lately and I'm in the best shape that I've been for a while, at lease since I've been out of school. Its been a bear preparing for this thing because of the huge amount of material that's being asked; 16 excerpt and a portion of a Bach Cello Suite. Its stretched me thin to get it all ready in time.


Because of my flight schedule I have 1 day, the 26th, with absolutely nothing to do. So I figured that I would go over to Palmyra and look at some LDS church history sites(i.e. Book of Mormon publication site, Joseph Smith farm, Hill Cumorah visitors center) since its only about 90 minutes away. Should be a fun day.

Wish me luck!

No comments: