Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We performed Handel's Messiah at the Stake Center Sunday night. It went pretty well from what I could hear and from what I've been told. A friend did tell me that the choir was miked wayyyy too much. Said that it was hard to hear the orchestra, if you can believe that. My wife said that she had a hard time hearing me and she only sat 7 rows back or so(and I play the trombone). It sounded pretty good at the dress rehearsal. The only thing that I can think of is that someone thought that the extra bodies in the audience would deaden the sound somewhat so they jacked up the sound a couple of notches. I wish that I could give a better first hand account but I was playing in the thing and not in the audience.

Still several audience members said that they enjoyed the performance very much. Also, it was great to play again. It felt good and it wasn't as hard as I thought to get back into decent(not necessarily 100%) playing shape again. The horn sitting next to me and her husband both perform with the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra and it sounded like they have a blast doing it. I sure wish that I had the time to do something like that but my job schedule(nights) kills that idea right away. No fun at all.

No comments: